Skip to product information
1 of 2

Albert Sounit

Albert Sounit - Montagny 1er Cru "Les Coères" 2021

Albert Sounit - Montagny 1er Cru "Les Coères" 2021

Regular price €47,00 EUR
Regular price €52,00 EUR Sale price €47,00 EUR
Sale Sold out
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

Montagny 1er Cru

"Les Coères"



100% Chardonnay

"Les Coères" is the largest 1. Cru vineyard in Montagny and comprises 31.7 hectares, of which Domaine Albert Sounit owns approximately 0.8 hectares. 3 of the parcels, which we own, are continuous and have altitudes between 220 and 300 m. Here the soil is calcareous with a thin layer of clay, sand and stone. The 4th and highest located parcel consists of “Kimmeridgian” and “Bajocian” limestones, which give the wine an intense mineral character.

All the grapes are harvested and selected by hand. As we want to highlight the minerality and pure fruit notes, we vinify 85% of "Les Coères" in stainless steel tanks at a low temperature (about 14 degrees). The remaining 15% is vinified in lightly toasted 300 L French barrels. The fermentation is based on autochthonous yeasts and lasts, together with the malolactic conversion and the maturation 8-9 months. No transfer takes place. During this period the wine is in contact with its fine lees. Subsequently the wine spends 2 months in stainless steel tanks to decant before bottling without filtration.

Tasting notes and service tips:
The wine has an intense aroma of fresh green fruit – apple, pear – and white flowers and fennel. The wine is well structured and mineral with an interesting level of refreshing acidity on the palate. The influence of oak is almost absent, only contributing structure and freshness. This wine goes very well with light dishes in general, and in particular asparagus, goat cheese and shellfish. Serve at 7-10 degrees in large glasses. It does not require decantation.

Drinking window: Up to 5 years.

Albert Sounit is based in Rully and Jully-lés-Buxy and is focusing on producing high quality Cote Chalonnaise wines. The grapes come from our own 16.5 hectares and from purchases from long-standing grape partners. Both Cremant, red and white wines are produced. We follow the codes of the “Agriculture Raisonnée” and began the conversion to organic farming in 2016.

View full details